Well the Fourth of July has come and gone. But don't feel down, there is still Summer fun to be had! What is another great thing to do in the Summer? Grilling of course. But before you put the meat on the grill, try this on for size: grilled Shishito Peppers.
Have you tried our new Shishito Peppers yet? They are small crinkly green peppers orginally from Japan. They are deliciously mild and sweet peppers, which make them perfect to just throw on the grill and then pop them in your mouth. Check out the super easy recipe below:
Grilled Shishito Peppers*
- 1/2 pound shishito peppers, washed and thoroughly dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon togarashi**
- Coarse sea salt, such as fleur de sel or Maldon
- Heat an indoor grill pan or outdoor grill to medium high (about 375°F to 425°F). Meanwhile, place the peppers in a medium bowl, add the olive oil, and toss to coat; set aside.
- When the grill is ready, place the peppers on the grill in a single layer, making sure they’re not touching; reserve the bowl they were in. Grill the peppers uncovered, turning them occasionally, until they start to char and blister, about 6 to 8 minutes total.
- Return the peppers to the bowl, toss immediately with the togarashi and salt, and serve.
**Togarashi powder, a Japanese mixture of spices that always contains chiles, can be found in ethnic markets. (It may also be labeled shichimi togarashi.)
*Recipe courtesy of Chow.com